Giving Back to our Community
At Crossroads Law, we believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. We are proud to call Vancouver and Calgary home and support charitable organizations and initiatives that help improve the quality of life in our communities.
As a family law firm, we understand the challenges that families face, and we are committed to helping those in need. That's why we partner with local organizations that support families, children, and vulnerable individuals in Vancouver and Calgary.
Here are just a few of the organizations we support:
- Access Pro Bono of BC is a non-profit organization that provides free legal services to individuals and non-profit organizations in British Columbia who are of limited means. They have a network of volunteer lawyers who provide legal advice, representation and mediation services to those who are unable to afford a lawyer.
- Rise Women’s Legal Centre is a non-profit legal clinic located in Vancouver, that provides free legal services to self-identifying women who cannot afford a lawyer. They focus on helping women who have experienced gender-based violence, including sexual assault, domestic violence, and harassment.
- The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is a non-profit organization that provides food support to people in need across Vancouver and surrounding areas. They distribute over 8 million pounds of food annually through various programs and services, including community kitchens, school meal programs, and their main food bank locations.
- The Calgary Food Bank is a non-profit organization that provides emergency food support to individuals and families in Calgary, Alberta. They distribute over 100,000 meals each month through various programs, including food hampers, school meal programs, and community kitchens.
We also encourage our staff to volunteer their time and talents to support local initiatives that are important to them which include organizations such as:
- Access Pro Bono of BC
- Alberta Lawyers Assistance Society
- Battered Women Support Services
- Calgary Legal Guidance
- Canadian Bar Association of BC - Unbundled Section, Articling Students Section
- Pro Bono Students Canada
- Rise Women’s Legal Centre
- University of Calgary - Faculty of Law’s Dean Community Council, Student Legal Assistance, Moot Court Society
- Vancouver & Lower Mainland Multicultural Family Support Services
- Women’s Legal Forum
We believe that by working together, we can create a stronger and more vibrant community for everyone. We are honoured to be part of such a caring and compassionate community.